Praise for One Cello, One Planet
If you've attended a One Cello, One Planet concert,
please share your impressions by clicking .
Very meaningful concert! It was fabulous. Brings a new perspective and purpose to climate change activism.
- Amy Wong, Lexington, MA
A wonderful performance. So moving.
- T.G., climate activist, MA
Bravo to you for your creativity in bringing climate awareness to people through your gift as a cellist, and through the themes and music choices.
- Shira Lion, singer & climate activist, MA
Moved me to tears. Broke my heart open. With One Cello, One Planet Judith devotes her sensational artistry to addressing climate change. Along with the beauty of her music-making and the passion of her calling, she offers an inspiring example: how we each can, with some creative application, devote our unique gifts in service to the values we cherish.
- Lisa Sarasohn, writer, Asheville, NC
Beautiful, wonderful, moving, and inspiring! Congratulatons!
- Rebecca Strauss, violist & activist, MA
Thank you for putting your heart and soul and talent into the concert last night. It was so lovely to take that time to be so present with your music and story, and the imagery and emotion that was conjured. Today when I sat outside in the morning and looked at the trees, I tried to stay present a little longer.
- Elisa Pearmain, storyteller, psychotherapist, activist, MA
- Rabbi Katy Allen, climate activist, concert sponsor, Framingham, MA
I find your message and your aesthetic approach quite impressive....so incredibly moving, meaningful, motivating! Your talent and skill is mesmerizing. Moreover... the melding of titles with music... brilliant! Bach today would no doubt agree! You have a unique gift, and exemplary activism!
- Rabbi Suri Krieger, concert sponsor, Waltham, MA
It was a wonderful concert, and a great, original way of reminding people of the importance of environmental protection for our survival.
- Christoph Borgers, Tufts math professor, Lexington, MA
Wonderful, important and so needed!
- Mary Alyce Groman, violinist, MA
Moved, shocked, connected to many beings, flora, fauna, & humanoid. I felt in communion. In the middle of the harsh words and actions from all sides, you offer a place where we can come into a warm bath...just to be together.
- Meg MacLeod, musician, dancer, Asheville, NC
Thank you for your creative environmental advocacy!
- L.R., audience member, Asheville, NC
Deeply moving. I was especially impressed with the power of Judith's punctuating the "tolling bells" of the last piece (Britten) with her stare "tolling" across the audience. Great stagecraft!
- Anonymous, Asheville, NC
The beautiful performance was as inspiring as the dedication and passion of this amazingly talented artist! The slides and program notes were essential in transforming the music into a special message...A Song of Our Warming Planet ironically gave me chills!
- Elise S., Raleigh, NC
What an amazing sensory experience! Thank you for illustrating the warming crisis through music.
- Anne Moormon-Smith, Raleigh, NC
A must-attend event.
- James Kantor, Raleigh, NC
Such virtuosity, such resonant tones, a musical journey through time.
- Patricia Long, Raleigh, NC
What a well thought-out and moving program. Each step of the way took us all to new and deeper insights.
- Peggy Korte, Raleigh, NC
Judith's music resonated in my body and soul.
- Merrilee, Raleigh, NC
An opportunity to access grief...and recommit to participating in community action.
- Pastor Craig Schaub, Winston-Salem, NC
The music and props helped me confront climate change in such a way that was deeply meaningful. I am grateful for the way this event is calling for climate action and helping us touch base with our feelings on this topic.
- Sarah Ogletree, Winston-Salem, NC
Moving, gripping, poignant.
- Anonymous, Winston-Salem, NC
Timely, touching, moving.
- Sam Dempsey, Winston-Salem, NC
This was so moving - deeply emotional, carefully thought out, with supportive materials that enhanced the listening. Profound!
- Ana Tampanna, Winston-Salem, NC
Exuberance, fear, mastery, inspiration.
- Anna, Black Mountain, NC
Moved, challenged, inspired, motivated to change transportation habits.
- Anonymous, Black Mountain, NC
It was a beautiful, haunting performance and an urgent, powerful call to action.
- Caitlin Donovan, writer, Asheville, NC
Uplifting, frightening, gratifying.
- Anonymous, Tryon, NC
Art and music can motivate us to see, feel, and understand. Thank you.
- Anonymous, Tryon, NC
I have been experiencing frustration, anger, and disappointment in the human species for a long period of time. Today's experience has given me hope.
- Camilla Christiansen, Asheville, NC
Thank you!!! I was moved to quiet tears.
- Anonymous, Tryon, NC
You touched my heart to find the truths and ACT - to help rescue this planet.
- Patricia Roskins, Tryon, NC
Felt like Judith wove us together in advocacy, in community.
- Diane Rhoades, Hendersonville, NC
Splendid performance with enormous impact., Brilliant idea and overall presentation.
- Maryneal Jones, Hendersonville, NC
Very moving. Draws on emotion and nonverbal experience to create new pathways of looking.
- Kathleen Nance, Hendersonville, NC
Overwhelmed by how well the music expressed the message of each section of the program.
- Anonymous, Hendersonville, NC
Very moving and inspiring. I felt the grief flow into a promise of more action.
- Jessie Wilder, Hendersonville, NC
Spectacular expression and control.
- Stephen Klein, Organist, Hendersonville, NC
Powerful, challenging, beautiful, compassionate.
- Linda McLean, Asheville, NC
- David Woodward, Asheville, NC
I experienced a new listening to the Bach Suites from Judith's perspective and overlay offer planet crisis. The Benjamin Britten conclusion was deeply stirring - her playing, brilliant.
- Martha O. Adams, Asheville, NC
A masterful convergence of music and litany to pluck the heart strings and focus the mind while opening one's spirit.
- Carol Church, Asheville, NC